Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Look under the bed!

Question ... When you come home alone, do you do a search of the house to make sure no one is there?


by Dale Burger.


I was shocked to learn that for 10 years after our friends house was broken into, my wife was afraid to enter our home alone. My wife and her best friend walked into her friends home and there was 3 burglars in the house. They ran out the front and the burglars ran out the back. From that point on every time she came home from work she went through a routine of checking every room, looking in the closets and under the beds before she could relax and change her clothes.

I changed careers and went into security system sales. We had a security system installed and a couple months later my wife told me it was so nice to come home, turn off the alarm system and know that no one was there and no one had been there. That was when she told me about the routine she had followed for 10 years and it made me realize how I was actually helping people. That was 23 years ago.

Since then I have asked this question or told this story to many couples only to find that many women go through this type of routine and their husbands are totally unaware.


Please share your experience with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment